Friday, April 11, 2008

Setting the Record Straight


Okay, the guy who posted the article changed it to reflect a more truthful representation of what went on. Maybe I was a little "hasty" in calling him an "asshole". Sorry about that. I have no clue at his intentions.
But you have to understand where I am coming from - everyone in this region gossips about us, and almost none of them (maybe 2 or 3) have actually come to the proverbial horse's mouth.
I can't tell you how much I appreciate it when people ask me directly how I live or how I believe. You can ask me anything you want. A sincere desire to know will be rewarded with an honest answer:
But to set the record straight:
The "Temple"
My brother-in-law gave me permission to post a photo of his house. It is not even on my property, but two lots over. He is a young, single man who decided to build his dream house. He ran into some zoning problems & put the project on hold for a year to get the plans & permits squared away. It is NOT a temple, as you see.
Geeze, I would love to have the money to have my own temple. But sadly, I am one of the "poor" Mormons.
The "Compound"
What people are calling a "compound" is really only a 40 acre ranchette that I bought with my mother, my late father and two of my brothers. There is nothing else to it, and there is no one else that lives out there.
"FLDS"
We are not FLDS. We have no affiliation with the FLDS. We don't believe in child marriages; we don't believe in arranged marriages. Warren Jeffs to me is no prophet, but a freak. We don't wear pioneer dresses. We don't believe in women as slaves or property. We are not extreme conservatives. (I am a Democrat, for crying out loud.)

No comments: