Saturday, February 21, 2009

Most Enlightening Video I've Seen

Someone sent a link to me on Facebook. I have long been a fan of the rock group Tool. They are a thinking man's metal group.

This was my response to the video:

This was awesome. I have this Tool album, and it has been one of my favorites. I didn't realize how deliberate all of it is.

I saw an interview with Maynard on TV where he admitted that they studied Templar geometry. Interesting. They are one of the metal bands that is actually into occult philosophy for real, and not just for theatrics.

I guess one can say that all music is mathematical - Pythagoras said so. But it is nice to see musicians that actually use music as, well, a "tool". There are some techno musicians, like BT, that use the same methods.

It makes me laugh at all of the Mormons - some of whom we both know - who say that there is no enlightenment or spirituality in rock music, even metal. I have found strength in even some of the most seemingly satanic metal bands. Well, maybe not Venom, but certainly Tool.

Here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS7CZIJVxFY

Now go and enjoy:

1 comment:

Joseph Moss said...

Another Mormon that likes metal. We have more in common than you might think, brother. My wife watched the video and said, "You know, I think we might have really found a kindred spirit!" I think you have made quite an impression!