Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Pink Sneakers Pitch

For any of you polygs out there who want to tell your story on TV, Pink Sneakers asked me to get the word out. BTW, I can't do this, since I already did a show for TLC:

Hello Mr. Jessop!

It was wonderful speaking with you today. I really appreciate your kindness and willingness to help us out. As I said on the phone, the TLC producers are wondering if you may know of any current polygamists who would be inspired to share their story in hopes of getting their story out there to inspire a more respectful, true light on this matter. We would love to have you involved in the project, interacting with a friend who shares your same beliefs.


I personally have followed this subject for many years, and am hoping that the media call help dismantle the negative stereotypes by demystifying polygamy in a true, beautiful and honest manner. We are planning to do a very different take on this show. We want to give an observational, respectful portrait of those involved in polygamy. We will not have an interviewer; we want to give the subject free reign to show us anything they want, and voice their story in their terms. We want to advocate the importance of freedom of religion and the honor of all kinds of lifestyles.

In a month or so, TLC would send a crew to the participant's house for up to 4 days non-consecutively and document his daily life and story. Our biggest priority is to make sure this show would not negatively impact the participant in any way. Whatever the participant is most comfortable with, is most important to us.

If you have any ideas, feel free to call me at 407-464-2080 ext. 147, or email me at casting@pinksneakers.net. Thank you so much, Mr. Jessop, for your time!

Have a great weekend in South Carolina!

Sincerely Yours,

Kristine

KRISTINE LOREFICE
CASTING NBC, VH1, MTV, BRAVO, TLC
PINK SNEAKERS PRODUCTIONS
1000 COLOUR PLACE, APOPKA, FLORIDA 32703
P: 407.464.2080 ext. 147
WWW.PINKSNEAKERS.NET
WWW.TLC.COM

1 comment:

ana said...

HI
I have a blog www.polygamy411.com and visitors there are looking for answers from men living polygamy. They're wondering why men that live polygamy aren't forthcoming about their thoughts, experiences, and feeling about it.

A visitor to my site with a screen name Pliggy referred me to you and said you'd answer any question we may have.

Would you kindly visit my site and leave a comment and your link under the Post: Husband's that live Polygamy.

I appreciate it much.
Ana