Saturday, December 6, 2008

A Sisterwife's Gift

Years ago, when Celine Dion started doing her weekly show in Vegas, I promised my wife Temple that I would take her to Vegas to see the show.

Now, I am not a Celine Dion fan. I would rather hear a Power Vac go through a garbage disposal than hear Celine Dion sing live. (I am remembering Colin's kayak jokes.) But that is not the point. Temple loves Celine Dion. Let me rephrase that. Temple looooooooves Celine Dion.

So last fall, I was assigned to do a job in Vegas, I thought, "Here is my chance to take Temple to see her idol." I could bring in Temple to Vegas while I was working and let her go to the show.

Little did I know... Celine was ending her stint in Vegas last December and tickets skyrocketed to anywhere from $600 to $1500 a ticket. There was NO WAY I could afford to take Temple to one of those shows. I sadly informed her that I would not be able to keep my promise.

At the end of November, 2006, they announced that Celine Dion would be performing a show in Phoenix, AZ on December 6, 2008 - on what was to be her last tour. They advised people to get tickets, because they were expecting to sell out within a few days.

Again, I was kicking myself, because I wouldn't get paid on time to get tickets.

Little did I know - Martha arranged to get tickets on her own. One for her, and one for Temple.

All year, Temple has been bemoaning the fact that she would miss the concert, and, all year, Martha has been gloating, because she knew that Temple would be going.

On Thanksgiving, Martha finally announced to Temple that they were going to the concert. Temple was literally in tears.

So last night, my wives left for Phoenix and left the kids with me. Tonight, Temple will have her dream fulfilled of seeing Celine Dion in concert - thanks to her sisterwife, Martha.

And there are some who strain to believe that two women can share the same man and still love each other...



.

7 comments:

Melanie said...

And better yet... you don't have to sit through it. Score! =P

Tony Jessop said...

I can't remember if it was Family Guy or Robot Chicken that parodies CD's thick, whiny, contralto. It made me laugh so hard, because it sounded JUST like her. It was scary.

Tony Jessop said...

Oh. And I almost forgot. Live DVDs only cost 20 bucks and one can see their favorite band anytime they want.
I haven't been to see Dream Theater in 12 years, but I see them live at least five times a year!
Cheers.

Moroni Jessop said...

Yeah, she owns the Vegas DV already. She said that watching the show from nosebleed, where she couln't see anything anyway, she wound up watching the screen after all.

And the best CD parody I have seen is "Thumbtanic" by Steve Odekerk - a thumb dressed like Celine Dion, singing "My Heart Is A Thumb".

Rhonnie said...

Hope they had a wonderful time!!! :)

Kel said...

While I would never choose to share my husband with anyone, I have no doubt that people can and do share spouses, and do so without confrontation or bitterness. I don't know how they do it, but I know that women, no matter how much they may not like one another at the beginning they can end up being the best of friends somewhere in the middle and never know what hit them. How lovely that your wives are sweet to oneanother. And My mom was soooo thrilled to see Celine Dion in Portland, she didn't know how to control herself.

Moroni Jessop said...

I appreciate your comments.

Even though we live it successful, it doesn't mean that we don't have our moments.

Every married couple argues, and we three are no exception.

You just have to work through things, just the same in any relationship.