Thursday, January 15, 2015

The Song Remains the Same: On "Sister Wives" With My Friends, the Colliers

Yours truly with the Colliers on "Sister Wives"
So, my TV days are not quite over.

I have some really good friends in Montana - the Colliers.  They are an established polygamous family that has been together for many, many years.

Back in 2011, they wanted to renew their marriage vows, so they flew me out to Montana to officiate in their wedding ceremony.  It was a beautiful experience.

Last Sunday, on "Sister Wives", it was previewed that - next Sunday, January 18th - the Colliers would be featured on the program.  Apparently, Kody Brown and his posse traveled to Montana for a week to visit the Colliers.

The interesting thing is - they showed photos from the wedding, and, on one of the photos, I was shown quite visibly.  To the point that I immediately got texts and Facebook messages from family members and friends who were watching and saw me.  I also got an email from a high school acquaintance whom I had not seen in 25 years who - for some reason - recognized me.

So, I will be watching the episode on January 18th to see the Colliers, but also to see if yours truly pops up on national TV again!  (Yes, I know.  I am a media whore.)

Also, notice the sweet Ramones shirt I am rocking.  After the reception, I immediately flew home.  I had already changed for the flight home.

1 comment:

zerry ht said...

Superb party images! Thanks for sharing your party video link here! I am going to host my daughter’s birthday party in next month. I would like to buy some great collections of party decoration things. I have booked rental halls in Philadelphia for party, so share your suggestions according to the venues.